FORMULA D RC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERYTHING RC: RC TOURING CAR, SC TRUCKS, RC DRIFT, RC OVAL, RC DRAG, RC BUGGY, RC TRUGGY, RC MONSTER TRUCK

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+2
snellemin
-TC5racer-
6 posters
AuthorMessage
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:29 pm

This freaking sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Left the house last Thursday and when I exited 1960 I looked down and had ZERO I'll repeat that ZERO Oil Pressure. So I U-turned and hit the Exxon double checked the oil level and everything was good but the motor was knocking so I got it towed home. After some research it seemed like the oil pump had gone out, long story short $500 dollars and 16 hours on my back/under the hood. I started my truck last night at about 8PM and what do you know it was still doing the same exact thing. This morning I took it all apart again just to find out I had metal in the oil pan which I didn't see last time because the oil was old and I wasn't even looking for that. Those that know motors know that means bearings are gone which means crank is shot and this all ends with A NEW MOTOR.

I found one out of a Yukon that I'm going to get first thing in the morning. It's a 5.3L with 67k on it and I have a 4.8L now so I'll get a little performance upgrade not that I wanted to get one now with my current job status but when it rains it f-ing pours. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
snellemin

snellemin

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:05 pm

That blows man. All that work for nothing.

The bright sight is that I'll eat your dust on the highway. Any your tranny can take the abuse of the bigger engine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.snelle-rc.com
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:14 pm

We will see about eating dust still gotta get it in and get it to the dealership after the motor is installed to Reflash the PCM for the 5.3 and I hope the tranny can handle the bigger motor. I think it will but i will be making a call to the tranny guy to do some adjustments so it's not hitting the gears so hard.

I talked all that crap about to much time on my hands that I was able to work on my RC's all the time and now I get to work on 1:1 scale.
So wish me luck!!!
Back to top Go down
Germanese
Admin
Germanese

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Ouch man ! That Sucks !!!

But now u get somthing like a Pletty in ur 1:1 !!!
Back to top Go down
http://formuladrc.com
snellemin

snellemin

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:54 pm

I know your pain man. I blew my motor twice in my first nissan truck and had to rebuilt the tranny ones. After spending 10 grand or so, I sold the bad boy for 300 bucks.

Back to top Go down
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:51 pm

Started the day like this
BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Dsc03810

Ended the day like this
BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Dsc03910
BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Dsc03911

What's going in tomorrow!!!
BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Dsc03811
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Make shure you dont Pretzel your drive shaft with the bigger motor lol with your drag tranny lol. "Dad just told me the story" lol.

Hey should of got a MOPAR lol.
Back to top Go down
snellemin

snellemin

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Nice pics mang. You gonna steam clean the engine after you done.
Back to top Go down
Germanese
Admin
Germanese

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Chrome and Powder Coat it too ?
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Distributor
Dominator

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:35 pm

I got 2 words for you..... Since the motor is out, you should super charge that beotcha!!!! Okay, that was like 11 words but whatever. Since it's out, do some MOD mods to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lonestarhobbies.com
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 7:59 pm

snellemin wrote:
Nice pics mang. You gonna steam clean the engine after you done.

Spent the first part of the day moving stuff around because I had to switch the intake and coils from the old motor for emissions reasons so in the process I cleaned the whole motor and everything else that was going on the new motor and it ended up like this!!!!!
BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Dsc03913
BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Dsc03915

Ended the day with the motor back in the truck and now it is about to be the nut/bolt and plug section and I should be up and running by tomorrow night.
BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Dsc03916

Dean 1 word................. unemployed!!!!!
Didn't really plan on spending all this money right now but if things were different there would be some cool a$$ stuff going in. But with the larger motor and my programmer and cold air intake I should end up with like a 70-80 HP increase. So not to shabby!!!

Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

DeadLeg

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:02 pm

You were serious when you said.. cleaned the whole motor.
A three day motor swap... This Man does work.
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Drop off with us at C&W performance shop will make push about 700hp but not our if the crank flls out lol...
Back to top Go down
snellemin

snellemin

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:21 am

Man, I could eat off that engine.
Back to top Go down
Germanese
Admin
Germanese

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:18 pm

DANG MAN ! All shiny like a crate motor !!!
How the effin hell do you get the engine that clean ?
I tried a lot of cleaners but my engine still looks like a pigs stable.

You sitting at the motor with a toothbrush ??? Or using some highly toxic chemicals that not suppose to go down the drain ???
Back to top Go down
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks guys it took alot of work to get it that clean plus I started to be a little anal about it today so it wouldl turn out better. I still have to put the radiator and fans in, fix one plug that got smashed, add fluids and a little more cleaning and I will be starting it up!!!!!! Should be starting no later than NOON.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Andres I just used two cans WD-40 with a toothbrush, wirebrush, brush attached to a drill, gasket scraper, x-acto and most of all good old ELBOW Grease.
Back to top Go down
Germanese
Admin
Germanese

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:35 pm

Oh wow !!!
Turned out nice as hell O.o cant even get a crate motor that clean unless its custom build from the manufacturer O.o
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Distributor
Dominator

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:50 pm

The motor looks sexy dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lonestarhobbies.com
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Well it's running!!!!
When I started it this morning it had a little lifter tick but after letting it idle for about 10 min, I decided to give the oil a little push into the lifter with a couple of blips of the throttle and bam no ticking. It was running real rough and I assumed that it was because I needed the reflash, but I was getting a couple of different codes (P0307 #7 misfire, P0357 #7 bad coil circuit and P0300 random misfires). Well the P0300 ended up being the ticking making a sensor think there was a misfire when there wasn't, cleared the codes and that one was gone. The other 2 codes went to one specific cylinder so at least I had a place to look, and it ended up being when I pushed the plugs in for the coil bank on the drivers side I pushed 1 of the pins down causing the problem.

It's running like a top now and I will be at the dealership at 7am tomorrow to have the reflash done, so by 10am I should be putting my programmer back on and hauling some A$$!!!!!!

Last edited by -TC5racer- on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

DeadLeg

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:52 pm

That made for a interesting week.
... wonder how long that motor will keep its shine.
Back to top Go down
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:19 am

I went to the dealership on Friday and they told me that they couldn't change my PCM to the 5.3 settings even though they said they could do it so I left pissed off and spinning tires all the way out.

After I cooled off a little and started heading to meet my friend. We stopped at a couple of little repair shops and one of those guy's was really interested in what we did, so he hooked his Snap-on scanner to my truck only to find out it was working great. After I made a couple of calls I found out that I needed, but didn't really need the reprogram. To make it simple there is a certain threshold between lean and rich that the computer will compensate for using what they call SMF "small fuel trim" and as long as the trim ratio doesn't get above or below 16% there will not be any trouble codes and I'm at about +10-11% meaning I was running lean. I did some more research and found that there are some guy's that "Tune" your PCM to match upgrades on your Motor and Tranny. Some of you know I had some issues with my tranny after all the upgrades I did to it and I did the NEWB mistake and didn't get the PCM re-tuned to the tranny which caused all the problems. What happened was the computer is fighting the tranny because it doesn't know there has been Mechanical changes inside the tranny and is trying to overcompensate certain aspects and in turn broken parts.

With all that said I have an appt next Monday with the tuner and I should and up with about 45rwhp and he said with what he referred to as a "built Tranny" he would be able to shave .5 seconds off my 1/4 mile. Not that I'm taking it to the track I just want to make sure I don't break the tranny again and to get a real "Tune" will be sweet. If I do any other upgrades say a cam or headers or maybe even a new intake with a larger throttle body he will retune for $50.

I guess that's the end of the Motor issue. See y'all around................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1