FORMULA D RC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERYTHING RC: RC TOURING CAR, SC TRUCKS, RC DRIFT, RC OVAL, RC DRAG, RC BUGGY, RC TRUGGY, RC MONSTER TRUCK

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QTEQ POWER TERMINALS review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Germanese
Admin
Germanese

QTEQ POWER TERMINALS review Empty
PostSubject: QTEQ POWER TERMINALS review   QTEQ POWER TERMINALS review EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:13 am

Well I got some  QTEQ From RSD,.... So i decided to Fix my Ghetto rigged ESC Solder Job.

The Desciption:
The QTEQ Power Terminal is a brand-new screw-fastening-type power connection system for both BL motors and ESCs.

It consists of three parts, a device side part which is soldered to a device side, a cable side part which is soldered to a cable and the M2x8 CAP screw.

While the QTEQ Power Terminal features advantages of both direct soldering power systems and connectors, it also resolves the disadvantages of both, reducing RC car maintenance time and labor without sacrificing RC car performance.

Let say doing for the first time took a while and alot of patience.
You will need a very Hot soldering Iron depending on what the OEM manufacturer used on the original Posts.

This is the Ghetto Rigged ESC on the left, that originally came with power and motor wires directly soldered to it.
I then made my own soldering posts and replaced ABC Cable with some Metal posts.

To the left us the same esc with all cables removed and replaced with QTEQ Power Terminals.
QTEQ POWER TERMINALS review P1010006_zps9665397c

If done correct you should be able to remove the cable tips so that you can solder the required cable to it rather than the ESC itself =)
QTEQ POWER TERMINALS review P1010007_zps44b7e956

The underside has s Screw and the top piece has a Concave shape making attaching cable to ESC very easy. 
Everything is being held securely with the bottom screw, But is very fast and easy to remove and swap =)
QTEQ POWER TERMINALS review P1010005_zps6d0f0ada

They come with various packages and also are available for Motor Posts.
QTEQ POWER TERMINALS review P1010004_zps2e2a5e52

Conclusion !!! 
Well I must say I like this set up.
It allows for clean Cables, easy to swaps Electronics for people that don't own gazillion ESCs and motors.
Perfect for people that have to work around one base unit and swaps motors and even racers that test different electronics for diff tracks.

The downside is, it is not easy to install them, so trying it out on a little less pricey ESC first before you go at it on a 150+ esc is advised.

Personally that I managed to get one done. I will probably try to add this system to all my electronics. ++++A =)

Have a nice day Drifters 

PS: Sorry about the dirty pics. I am still building up my electronics and Gear. New cam has alot of odd settings I have to learn LOL =)
Back to top Go down
http://formuladrc.com

QTEQ POWER TERMINALS review
Page 1 of 1