FORMULA D RC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERYTHING RC: RC TOURING CAR, SC TRUCKS, RC DRIFT, RC OVAL, RC DRAG, RC BUGGY, RC TRUGGY, RC MONSTER TRUCK

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got me a used RCM CRT.5

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
snellemin

snellemin

Got me a used RCM CRT.5 Empty
PostSubject: Got me a used RCM CRT.5   Got me a used RCM CRT.5 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:36 pm

I recently got a used RCM CRT.5 as Mike shop is out of stock. The truggy been around the block and was originally from one RCM member and exchange a few hands before I got it.

I must say that I like the chassis and battery tray alot. I just swapped out all my old crt.5 stuff onto the chassis.

I ran it with a Emaxx C50 Hacker motor and it stayed cool, but slow on 2s. I installed the 1506 6800kv motor and it was a turd on 2s. Plenty of bottom end, but no topend. I then increased the timing and it woke up, but overheated the ESC. I blew the copper power trace inside the battery case twice. I just added more copper braiding to the battery board trace and it's holding up now. I got rid of the bullet connectors and hard wired it while I was add it. Swapped the motor out for a C40-5L Hacker with a 17T pinion. Rspro doesn't overheat anymore, or maybe I haven't driving it long enough to do so. But it's tons faster than the Neu motor. So I would need to use the MMpro to get the full potential of the Neu motor.

Before conversion:

Jammin extended chassis

Got me a used RCM CRT.5 DSCF0052

Converted with RCM chassis to 1/10 scale dimensions:

Got me a used RCM CRT.5 DSC08351
Got me a used RCM CRT.5 DSC08349
Got me a used RCM CRT.5 DSC08347
Got me a used RCM CRT.5 DSC08346
Got me a used RCM CRT.5 DSC08343
Back to top Go down
http://www.snelle-rc.com
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

PostSubject: Re: Got me a used RCM CRT.5   Got me a used RCM CRT.5 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Sweetness Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Germanese
Admin
Germanese

PostSubject: Re: Got me a used RCM CRT.5   Got me a used RCM CRT.5 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:46 pm

ZOMG he is alive !!!
Back to top Go down
http://formuladrc.com
snellemin

snellemin

PostSubject: Re: Got me a used RCM CRT.5   Got me a used RCM CRT.5 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:41 am

Yea I'm alive. Been busy at work and home. Finished glueing down my wood floor. Just need to work on the details and cleaning up.

I had issues with the CRT. I stuck in a Mamba Monster and one of my power hungry motors to run on 2s. It was very slow on the throttle and I even burned up the power traces in my lipo packs. After getting some info from Patrick Castle dude on RCM, I got it work right. I added three 1000uF 35V capacitors and my issues went away. I will gear up some more and see if they come back.

Got me a used RCM CRT.5 DSC08559
Back to top Go down
http://www.snelle-rc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got me a used RCM CRT.5   Got me a used RCM CRT.5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Got me a used RCM CRT.5
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FORMULA D RC :: GENERAL SECTION :: R/C Tech Talk-
Jump to: