FORMULA D RC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERYTHING RC: RC TOURING CAR, SC TRUCKS, RC DRIFT, RC OVAL, RC DRAG, RC BUGGY, RC TRUGGY, RC MONSTER TRUCK

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
621clay
Track Coordinator
621clay

R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop Empty
PostSubject: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Well guys the date has been made...

7/31/2011
Racing starts at 2pm
Mikes Hobby shop Porter Texas

3- 8 minute qualifiers
1- 12 minute main

Run what you bring. As long as its a rc motorcycle. 1/8 1/5 On road, off road, and will be on the On Road track. Transponders will not be offered, you will have to bring your own. Or race anyway just to be there.

1st 2nd and 3rd place will have cash prizes.

Entry fee will be 20 USD per vechicle. I predict that their will only be one class. 5 dollars will come from each entry into a pot to be spread to each podium driver after the race is over.

For entry call mikes hobby shop to sign up on Sunday. Entries will stop being taken around 1pm.

If you have another question you can Pm me or message on this thread

Come watch!! Come Race!! It should be interesting!!!!
Back to top Go down
621clay
Track Coordinator
621clay

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:59 pm

Great Race guys!!

Look at the video on Mantisworx you tube channel.
Back to top Go down
Mantisworx

Mantisworx

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:23 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.mantisworx.com
621clay
Track Coordinator
621clay

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:13 pm

Racing this Sunday at 1pm 8/13/2011
Back to top Go down
621clay
Track Coordinator
621clay

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Racing Sunday @ 1pm the 28th at Mikes!! Come and watch if your not racing!!!
Back to top Go down
621clay
Track Coordinator
621clay

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:21 pm

As the coordinator and to keep everyone happy, This is the rules.

Moto GP style Paint is what we would like to see at the track. It does look better, and it fits the racing we are doing.

These are the paint jobs that can be used.

SBK paint
Moto Gp paint (250,800cc)
Any race replica fackory bike (CBR1000RR Repsol, KTM, etc.)
Venom GPV factory bodies, Please buy two of different color in case someone else is running the color and does not have a spare.
As for the rider, Paint them if you want. But we are seeing it is hard to keep them colored unless we buy paint for them etc. The Rider can match the bike paint.

Now for some security reasons, If you bring a bike without the paint jobs as discribed thats fine. But you will be bothered over and over untill it changes. lol.

As a example, Lets say a race happens in Austin Texas. And the rule states that you can not run a Moto GP paint job.... I will be the first one to buy a plan body or clear one and run that. BECAUSE I will be going to that race!! No matter what it takes, i will be at that event! But the rules state i can not run the body i spent over 80 bucks and 5 hours on making.

As to a paint roster of bikes that can be painted, That will be done also. It is not cool or sexy to have 5 Rossi #46 on the track and looks a little odd.

OK on the next Rule..... You as a driver will have to make your own starting block by the third race. This one coming up is only our second race. The qualifiers will not use a starting block, but the main will. So, go to hobby lobby buy some cheap balsa and glue it together to hold your bike up. Practice with it at your Local car lot, or garage. But you will have to build one. If By chance you do not have one... No matter what place you qualify at you have to start at the back of the line and also start on your crash bars or rollers. You will start your "circle start" the moment everyone leaves the starting blocks they have built.

This is it for now, stay tuned for the other rules and regulations. Just to be known... These are the rules in stone! They are not to be changed. If you feel this is unfair, please vote me out as the coordinator < not ment to be angry. But this is my job as the coordinator because someone has to do it.
Back to top Go down
Germanese
Admin
Germanese

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:51 pm

The starting block motorized ?
Back to top Go down
http://formuladrc.com
621clay
Track Coordinator
621clay

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:02 am

Racing Tommorrow at 1pm... The track will be prep-ed as i have requested for it. So if anyone has complaints... Beat me up after the race!
Back to top Go down
621clay
Track Coordinator
621clay

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 pm

Sunday's race had a normal turnout. 4 racers. 6 showed up. The weather was super hot!!! Marcus started us out with a very good first qualifier then had some issues that pretty much ended his day. Xsavior came out and raced his RTR Brushed bike without front brakes and did very very well. He ended his day out with third place in the main. Will got second, and i managed to get first with a bad tire problem.

R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop MotoGPGPV001
Back to top Go down
staltus

staltus

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:34 am

I wanna see Rossi complete a race with a hole even half that size in his rear wheel. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guff

Guff

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:40 am

Speaking of...how well do those tires hold up?
Back to top Go down
621clay
Track Coordinator
621clay

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:46 am

Guff wrote:
Speaking of...how well do those tires hold up?

I have been running that tire for more then 6 months. They last a pretty long time. That is the first tire i have run that did that. But again i ran that tire into the ground. It was due to be removed weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
621clay
Track Coordinator
621clay

PostSubject: 9/11/2011 Racing   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Racing at mikes!!! 1pm start!! If you dont have a bike, come and watch!! Bring your camera so Venom can upload your video onto their broadcasts!!
Back to top Go down
Mantisworx

Mantisworx

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:51 pm

i will be there!
Back to top Go down
staltus

staltus

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:18 pm

Bummer, I only shoot stills Crying or Very sad

Di and I will be there, probably a bit late. We can corner or I can shoot stills.
Back to top Go down
621clay
Track Coordinator
621clay

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Any help would be great!! And George will be making it out with his GPV, Nitro, and 1/5 Electric Novas'
Back to top Go down
Mantisworx

Mantisworx

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:23 pm

well i FINALLY had a good day of bike racing! settled the score with Clay so we are now 1/1. today i TQ'd first round, beat my TQ second round and put everybody down at least a lap for the main win! also got the quickest time of the day! so a pretty dominate performance! the track was a little cooler today as the highest i read was 138* and that is 10* cooler than what it has been, so naturally by the time the mains rolled around it was a little sketchy. in the main everyone was running high KV motors but i went with a 5400 kv which was pretty slow on the straight but very consistent through the infield. i actually had fun today as i could drive it very aggressive without fear of the back stepping out and high siding or flipping backward with a wheelie. it actually drifted quite nicely. i had no wheel wobbles and no crash-tacular spills! it was interesting that about 6 minutes into each of our qualifiers the rear tires would start to get glassy and loose and you would start to hear the wonderful sound of bikes hitting the pavement (except for me!!) LOL
So my strategy for the main was to try and keep the tires cool since i knew i was going to have to drive at least three minutes on glassy tires, i needed to get out front stretch the lead keep it calm through the middle of the race and then push hard at the end of i needed to. This is exactly how it played out, Clay and Will had bad starts so that put me ahead by about 6 seconds right off the bat. I was able to hold that distance until about 7min into when like clock work Clays tires got hot and he could not push anymore i ended up putting him a lap down with him about 3 seconds behind me and that is how it ended. The lesson for the day was slow and steady wins the race (even though i got the quickest lap of the day!)
Setup wise i changed some things up. Went to dual front brakes with the RCshox ZH Garolite rotors and brand new pads. these rotors allow you to brake in the turns and are very linear so no surprise. they also have a larger diameter to take full advantage of the brake pads! and THEY DO NOT FADE. Although i am not selling them anymore i believe my Garolite slipper is also superior in that fiber pads glaze get hot and then lose grip(this is proven in offroad). Garolite does not do this and that allowed me to run the slipper very loose yet still maintain full traction the entire race, just like a slipper is supposed to do, i was full throttle right past the apex in most turns!
I ran the Venom soft front tire with Venom hard insert on a Zh front wheel with no weight added. Rear was a ZH soft with Venom y spoke wheel and weighted to 70g.
with this setup i was able to run a quick lap of 31.1, previously i ran a 30.4 with a 6800kv motor. My wheels were way off balance i think that with balanced wheels and a fresh rear tire i can get into the high 30's!

will post the vid later tonight
Back to top Go down
Mantisworx

Mantisworx

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Back to top Go down
621clay
Track Coordinator
621clay

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:59 am

So i was thinking about this last race, man what a great day for marcus! Bike was doing very well. As for mine and will's as we all know the bikes have a on and off day from time to time. Reflecting on the quotes that Marcus wrote about the day though, just want to clear some things up. Will is using a Hobbywing Ezrun 5200kv. I was using from what i know was a 5400kv Mamba motor that was NEVER CHANGED OUT during the day at all. Also the 1/1 score that we are even....? I believe we have had now three races. The first one i got first but did not take money. The second one I got first and Marcus and i both had very bad days but i continued to race. The third one Marcus won by a full lap plus some. Being the race Coordinator for the bikes, just want to clear these things up for all of those who do keep track of this event. Hope i didnt step on any toes.... But these are the facts!
Back to top Go down
Mantisworx

Mantisworx

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:02 pm

8:15 in the vid, thats all i am saying!

doesnt matter anyway though, there is no motor rule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop   R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop Empty

Back to top Go down

R/c Moto Racing at Mikes Hobby Shop
Page 1 of 1