FORMULA D RC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERYTHING RC: RC TOURING CAR, SC TRUCKS, RC DRIFT, RC OVAL, RC DRAG, RC BUGGY, RC TRUGGY, RC MONSTER TRUCK

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
snellemin

snellemin

I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car Empty
PostSubject: I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car   I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 10:37 am

I got an email to test drive the Nissan Leaf car. Well I finally got to do it yesterday and I must say I'm impressed with the little bugger. I test drove it with 3 other man dudes in the car. That is nearly 700LBS of man gutts to pull around. So you can see that I really tested the sucker out under load . lol!
It's roomy for it's size. Has a nice deep trunk space, but I would rather have had more batteries in there. Talking about batteries, those packs where small and used a small gauge wire. No big stuff needed as it runs on 400V. Brakes were good too, which was mostly motor braking. Stomped on the Accel. and it moved quickly. So to me it's a carpooling vehicle. The heater worked great too. Didn't get to play with the AC, as it was cold out. My buddy that drove it has well, liked that it was smoother then his Mercedes.
I just could not get over the ugly finned headlights. But they are there to reduce wind noise coming from your sideview mirrors.
Offcourse I asked when the battery packs would become available to the public and got a ?? response. EST street price per battery module is 500 bucks.
So for 25k I can get a great commuter. But for the same price I can build a 400hp V8 powered Mazda Miata. Now which one sounds like more fun lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.snelle-rc.com
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

PostSubject: Re: I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car   I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:49 am

snellemin wrote:

So for 25k I can get a great commuter. But for the same price I can build a 400hp V8 powered Mazda Miata. Now which one sounds like more fun lol!

Shocked Your building a V8 Miata!!! Shocked

That would be cool!!!
Back to top Go down
snellemin

snellemin

PostSubject: Re: I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car   I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:46 pm

No my wife is gonna. In a few years when we settle down with the kids. I figured 10 grand for motor, tranny, rear end and car. Another 15K for brakes, paint, tires, wheels, body kit, roll bar. You end up with a Monster sleeper.
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

PostSubject: Re: I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car   I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Or for 25k you can get all four of these how does that phrase go Oh Yes "Four for the price of One". But lets see you try to fit in it. There gunna have to make a soft top for my big O self lol.

[img]I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car Full_710[/img]
Back to top Go down
snellemin

snellemin

PostSubject: Re: I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car   I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:16 am

Those right there are gangster Wes. Taste the Rainbow.
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

PostSubject: Re: I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car   I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Lol dude we could put a turbo charged 1300 habyousa motor in there lol.
Back to top Go down
Germanese
Admin
Germanese

PostSubject: Re: I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car   I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:54 pm

THEANVIL wrote:
Or for 25k you can get all four of these how does that phrase go Oh Yes "Four for the price of One". But lets see you try to fit in it. There gunna have to make a soft top for my big O self lol.

[img]I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car Full_710[/img]

Ohhhhh Tron comes in mind with those !!!
Back to top Go down
http://formuladrc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car   I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car Empty

Back to top Go down

I got to drive the Nissan Leaf electric car
Page 1 of 1