FORMULA D RC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERYTHING RC: RC TOURING CAR, SC TRUCKS, RC DRIFT, RC OVAL, RC DRAG, RC BUGGY, RC TRUGGY, RC MONSTER TRUCK

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds Empty
PostSubject: To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds   To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:01 am

Hey guys just tell you a easier way to remove your old and used up tires off still good wheels. You probably heard of the boling trick where you stick the tire in a pan/boll and boiling water, well if its a proline tire then your going to be there all night trying to pop the front and back bead off the rim. And the other way is sticking the tire in a toaster oven and thats expensive to buy and pluss you take a chance of hearting the wheel.

Well I came up with a better way all you need is a 1,000watt airplane craft type Heat Gun that you can usally pick up at Randy's for about 20.00. And put on some type of safety glasses or sun glasses the smoke of the CA glue hearts your eyes and even makes a big guy like me cry lol and wear some gloves so you dont hert or super glue your finger to the wheel lol.

Step 1. Get your tire that you want to unglue, then turn on your heat gun on push power button to the II position gets hotter and quicker wait till you see the inside get a nice red "fire ball" color.

Step 2. Place your tire infront of you and put the knozzle of the heat gun about an inch away from the seam of the wheel and tire, wait till you see little tiny bubbles start to pop then put down your heat gun.

Step 3. Pull the section where the knozzle of the heat gun was and CAUTION it will be about 200.F so it will be hot, and with some tires with just doing one spot the heat transfer to all the super glue and pull all right off or if a Proline wheel you will have to repeat this process about 4-5 times.

*Post pics later.
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Distributor
Dominator

PostSubject: Re: To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds   To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:02 pm

I got to see the end result of this method. It came out real nice. When he first told me about it, I just knew that the rim had to be warped or discolored or something but it wasn't. The rim looked good as new. Nicely done Wes. That was very informative and humorous at the same time. It's a brilliant idea. I like it!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lonestarhobbies.com
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

PostSubject: Re: To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds   To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:45 am

Dominator wrote:
the rim had to be warped or discolored or something.

I was thinking the same thing but it sounds like Wessie Pooh has got dim skillzzz.

Very cool Wes!!!
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

PostSubject: Re: To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds   To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Yes Sir came out great I first tried the experiment on a old sc10 wheels with the CA glue that the use at Randy' and did about 4 tires and man came out great. The good side you dont have to wait 20 mins per wheel to boil off the CA glue and 5 mins in the freezer, plus dosent make you wheel softer and more easier to break. Also when boiling if its the new proline inserts, you can shrink-burn them and they will be smaller "Happen to me".

Ps. You can do this technique as much as you want on 1 wheel beacuse I had a shrink-burnt proline insert so I just re heated pull of the rim like nothing took my fingers and flake off all the exposed CA glue, put a new tire insert and re glue and look like nothing happen.

And Dean when can I be serious and crakin jokes at the same time its just IMPOSSIBLE.<<<<<<< Hope I spelled that huge word right.
Back to top Go down
snellemin

snellemin

PostSubject: Re: To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds   To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:14 am

I"m gonna try this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.snelle-rc.com
Germanese
Admin
Germanese

PostSubject: Re: To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds   To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:55 pm

Gotta try that also O.o !!!
I got bunch of tires !!!
Back to top Go down
http://formuladrc.com
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

PostSubject: Re: To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds   To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Lol well the test on them today went GREAT lol. The bead on the tire hold great no signs of stress or nothin only, one mishap happen well was my falt I did'nt glue the back of the sc wheel good anof so just a little of heavy CA glue and kicker. I was back on my way zooming around the track.
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Distributor
Dominator

PostSubject: Re: To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds   To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:52 pm

I admit I had concerns about the wheel becoming brittle after the head gun treatment but I can attest to the durability of the wheels. He beat on them today like he normally does and they held up fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lonestarhobbies.com
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

PostSubject: Re: To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds   To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Yep it's weird I did'nt break nothing today. O snap I did I broke the body mounts on the Jammin but its was all good. O Dean Dan and Marcus are really likeingthe idea of putting the table top onto the track. If they do it it will be where the jump/drop down was right after the back double. But noy trying to change the subject but im sorry to say but I just cant get into onroad racing yet I saw that truggy today the RC8T FT CE lol and the RC8BE. I just went back to when I droled for a truggy or a buggy so im going to sell my Ofna Hyper10sc and HPI mini Trophy sc to buy a truggy or a buggy. If I get a buggy it will be the new Mugen MBX6E M-Spec, if a truggy it will be a Associated RC8TE.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds   To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds Empty

Back to top Go down

To Remove Old Tires From Still Good Wheels in 1minute and 43 Seconds
Page 1 of 1