FORMULA D RC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERYTHING RC: RC TOURING CAR, SC TRUCKS, RC DRIFT, RC OVAL, RC DRAG, RC BUGGY, RC TRUGGY, RC MONSTER TRUCK

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Timing boost for low kv motors in light weight 1/8 cars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
snellemin

snellemin

Timing boost for low kv motors in light weight 1/8 cars  Empty
PostSubject: Timing boost for low kv motors in light weight 1/8 cars     Timing boost for low kv motors in light weight 1/8 cars  EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:39 pm

So in the little bit of free time that I have for myself, I got busy with the goal of measuring timing boost/cheat/ turbo with low kv sensored motors. Results were great. But alas my datalogger has a hiccup with it's software and I can't show proof of my datalogs. This test is for the folks with carbon fiber GTP's.

Test was done on a FLM Rustler, Tekin 1400kv buggy motor, MMpro, 58/25 mod.8 gearing and 4s Lipo.

4s Regular 10 degrees timing was a bit more than 22000 rpm.
4s CHEAT 30 degrees timing was a bit more than 33000 rpm.
Cheat 50 degrees timing on 2s was a bit more than 33000rpm. This was pulling 70+ amps and got hot really fast. The MMPro was crying at this point.

So it looks like I went from 1400kv to 2000kv with 30 degrees timing. Pretty cool.

Motor temps and ESC weren't high at all.

But this is a great feature to mess with your 1/8 onroad monsters. Now you can set the rpm when to accelerate and how quick just like the 1/10 folks. With the lower kv motor you gain some additional torque for coming out of corners. And you can pull it off with a cheaper 1/10 ESC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.snelle-rc.com
tahirmirza

Timing boost for low kv motors in light weight 1/8 cars  Empty
PostSubject: wonderful info     Timing boost for low kv motors in light weight 1/8 cars  EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:26 pm

s Regular 10 degrees timing was a bit more than 22000 rpm.
4s CHEAT 30 degrees timing was a bit more than 33000 rpm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.technoriztic.com/

Timing boost for low kv motors in light weight 1/8 cars
Page 1 of 1