EVERYTHING RC: RC TOURING CAR, SC TRUCKS, RC DRIFT, RC OVAL, RC DRAG, RC BUGGY, RC TRUGGY, RC MONSTER TRUCK
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 TT-01 vs TC4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: TT-01 vs TC4   Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:34 pm

Tamiya's popular TT-01

or

Team Associated TC4

I am new to RC cars but have experience with drifting a electric Traxxas 4tec.
Back in 2005 I got ahold of a electric 4tec and threw some PVC wheels on it and drifted around my neighborhood. Looking to get back into drifting and trying to learn all that I can about the workings of a RC cars. Now my traxxas is out dated and it seems no one else in the world has the electric 4tec. That is why I have decided it would be best to get something new... something that the local hobby shop carries parts for.

Main deciding factor between these two is parts... which brand can I go with that my local shop will carry parts for. ... I live in Spring BTW.
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2010-02-12
Age : 21
Location : Cypress, TX

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm

Cool Cool Welcome to the FormulaDRC.com Im Wes "THEANVIL"

I would Highly recommend the TC4 if your wanting to be able to go into a hobby shop and find the part you want right on the wall. Tamiya is not a Company that most hobby shop supply for "Well not in Texas" to my knowledge. Mostly in Other States and Country there more popular. The TC4 and TT01 are both easy to work on and both very good cars for drifting. The TC4 if you break just saying there will be people like at Randy's Hobby's that would know every little detail to set it up to make it perfect to drift or on road TC.

But overall TC4...

The guy to talk to about drifting is Andres "Germenese" he would be your go to guy for any drifting questions....
Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:44 pm

THEANVIL wrote:
Cool Cool Welcome to the FormulaDRC.com Im Wes "THEANVIL"

I would Highly recommend the TC4 if your wanting to be able to go into a hobby shop and find the part you want right on the wall. Tamiya is not a Company that most hobby shop supply for "Well not in Texas" to my knowledge. Mostly in Other States and Country there more popular. The TC4 and TT01 are both easy to work on and both very good cars for drifting. The TC4 if you break just saying there will be people like at Randy's Hobby's that would know every little detail to set it up to make it perfect to drift or on road TC.

But overall TC4...

The guy to talk to about drifting is Andres "Germenese" he would be your go to guy for any drifting questions....

Thanks Wes, and I have been PMing Germenese many of the questions I am too embarrassed to bring to the public view. I plan on getting my 4tec back into working order and using that to see how serious I am about getting into RC cars. Looking things up on the internet don't compair to hands on experience.
I first tore done my 4tec to just the chasis.. can't figure out what brushed motor it is.. has no label. I have XRS novak ESC, which I have read is no good.. and a Futaba 2 channel receiver.. everything else is stock.

Now with my VERY limited knowledge with RCs I remember it running fine in 2005.. so after I fix the axle I will hook it all back up and strap on some ABS wheels. Let you guys know how it goes next week.
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2010-02-12
Age : 21
Location : Cypress, TX

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:46 am

No Problem man. If it the stock motor in the 4tec then its a Stinger 20 turn "Traxxas motor".
Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:33 am

THEANVIL wrote:
No Problem man. If it the stock motor in the 4tec then its a Stinger 20 turn "Traxxas motor".

It aint the stock one.
My brother had a buggy and I stole his motor.
Moved that car a lot faster then the stinger.
It has no labels and Brother can't remember what it was.
Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Got the Traxxas stinger motor today, and reassembled the car to working order...
But with the batteries being 5 years old I can barely get a full minutes worth of fun out of them.
So when I get my paycheck on Monday I will go buy some NiMH batteries.
Along with the ABS to make me some tires.
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2010-02-12
Age : 21
Location : Cypress, TX

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:16 pm

About the NiMH beacuse they been sitting there so long your going to have to cycle them and open up all the cells in side the 6 or 7 cell batteries but better to get new fresh ones though...
Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:26 pm

THEANVIL wrote:
About the NiMH beacuse they been sitting there so long your going to have to cycle them and open up all the cells in side the 6 or 7 cell batteries but better to get new fresh ones though...

Looked on youtube for a video on how to cycle your NiMH battery, came up with nothing.
Just going to buy a new one Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2010-02-12
Age : 21
Location : Cypress, TX

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:54 pm

if you stop by the shop tommrow if your not working or got any plans they will show you how and demonstrate and tell you if they can bring those batteries back to life.
Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:24 am

THEANVIL wrote:
if you stop by the shop tommrow if your not working or got any plans they will show you how and demonstrate and tell you if they can bring those batteries back to life.

If its anything like I read on this one forum then it is alot of work.
.. and which shop are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2010-02-12
Age : 21
Location : Cypress, TX

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:16 am

Randys Hobbys
Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:21 am

THEANVIL wrote:
Randys Hobbys

You guna be there tomorrow morning??
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Distributor
avatar

Posts : 353
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 46
Location : Cypress, TX

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:09 pm

DeadLeg wrote:
THEANVIL wrote:
if you stop by the shop tommrow if your not working or got any plans they will show you how and demonstrate and tell you if they can bring those batteries back to life.

If its anything like I read on this one forum then it is alot of work.
.. and which shop are you talking about?

DeadLeg, welcome to the forum.

Cycling batteries is not difficult at all, just a bit time consuming. All you're trying to do when cycling is put a full charge on the battery then a full discharge. That is 1 full cycle. You can do this by charging and driving the car, then when it slows down, lift the rear wheels and let the motor run some more until it pretty much stops. Or, the easy way is to have a charger with cycling capability... it charges, waits a few minutes for the battery to cool, then discharges, waits for the battery to cool and repeat. A lot of old batteries will come back to life after 5 or 6 cycles. Or, as Anvil said, you can bring the batteries in to Randy's Hobbies, introduce yourself and we'll cycle the batteries for you.

-Dean
Back to top Go down
http://www.lonestarhobbies.com
Dominator
Distributor
avatar

Posts : 353
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 46
Location : Cypress, TX

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:11 pm

THEANVIL wrote:
Randys Hobbys

Wes, I'm so proud of you. You're actually giving good advice AND you're not mutilating the English language. Hahahaha lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lonestarhobbies.com
THEANVIL

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2010-02-12
Age : 21
Location : Cypress, TX

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:50 pm

Haha Thanks Dean lol Thats the first time I used periods and commas lol ....
Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:26 pm

He was helpful.
.. and the whole, age 14 thing by his name had me thinking it was just a joke.
Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 pm

I was able to salvage one of the NiMH battery packs.
... had school and about to clock into work.
Then I have a date Tuesday... along with some other things I gota get done.
I should be able to get a new battery by Thursday, making two decent NiMH.
Also, need to find a RV supply store... I previously thought I found one but it turned out to be just a storage for RVs.

Hopefully I will be able to spend all day Friday drifting!!

Back to top Go down
-TC5racer-

avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2010-02-06
Age : 40
Location : Tomball, TX

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Atlas Supply
713-699-0276
700 E Parker Rd
Houston, TX 77076

That's where bought mine.
Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:40 pm

-TC5racer- wrote:
Atlas Supply
713-699-0276
700 E Parker Rd
Houston, TX 77076

That's where bought mine.

Thanks.
Google kept showing RV storage places.. but I finally came across one just fifteen minutes from my house.
Ill be drifting it up tomorrow.. hopefully I won't get caught up in it and forget about my date.
Back to top Go down
-TC5racer-

avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2010-02-06
Age : 40
Location : Tomball, TX

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:32 am

I would call them first cause that's the only place I was able to find it here in Houston. But good luck.
Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:13 am

-TC5racer- wrote:
I would call them first cause that's the only place I was able to find it here in Houston. But good luck.

Yep called 'em this morning along with another RV supply store..
.. and they did not have 2'' ABS.. so huh... looks like Ill be driving.
Back to top Go down
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:27 pm

DeadLeg wrote:
-TC5racer- wrote:
I would call them first cause that's the only place I was able to find it here in Houston. But good luck.

Yep called 'em this morning along with another RV supply store..
.. and they did not have 2'' ABS.. so huh... looks like Ill be driving.

.. went up to Atlas, got a foot of ABS and it seems that my traxxas rim does not fit inside the pipe.
Did you run into this problem TC5racer??

FIXED IT
Got another set of rims, then took my old ones and cut-off the lip.
I also had to do some sanding but I was able to get the ABS on it.
Looks like I won't have to use glue for this.
.. but just might anyways.
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2010-02-12
Age : 21
Location : Cypress, TX

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:34 pm

DeadLeg wrote:
He was helpful.
.. and the whole, age 14 thing by his name had me thinking it was just a joke.

Haha No DeadLeg I am 14 about to be 15 next Tuesday 11/09/10 Im just act way older than my age beacuse I always hagging out with 20 year olds. But I still act like a kid in the shop though with Dean lol.
Back to top Go down
Germanese
Admin
avatar

Posts : 844
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 34
Location : Cypress, TX

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:21 pm

TT-01 vs TC4
Hands down TC4

As for drift set up.
Brushless comfortable 8.5 to 13.5 is my range with Type As
Brushless Comfortable 10.5 to 17.5 is the range you should be looking at with a PVC or Type Ts

Back to top Go down
http://formuladrc.com
DeadLeg

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 31
Location : Conroe, Texas

PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:08 am

Germanese wrote:
TT-01 vs TC4
Hands down TC4

As for drift set up.
Brushless comfortable 8.5 to 13.5 is my range with Type As
Brushless Comfortable 10.5 to 17.5 is the range you should be looking at with a PVC or Type Ts


Think I have decided to go with a belt driven RC.
...so I can do the counter steer mod. bounce
That being said I have been looking at the Sprint 2 FLUX.
... and plan on buying it brand new.

Sprint 2 is good from what I have read... also seen where people were able to do the CS mod to them.
The FLUX coming with a brushless system... I figured... why not buy it new.
I don't know that much about RCs, and I don't wanna trust a used roller off some forums.

But until then I will be running my electric 4tec with the 20T Stinger and ABS tires.
Oh, and I just finished up something today...

A little fuzzy... but meh, you get the idea...

Clear picture here...

Learned a lot about what NOT to do when making this.
The next one will be much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TT-01 vs TC4   

Back to top Go down
 
TT-01 vs TC4
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FORMULA D RC :: Formula Drift RC :: General Drift Discussion-
Jump to: