FORMULA D RC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERYTHING RC: RC TOURING CAR, SC TRUCKS, RC DRIFT, RC OVAL, RC DRAG, RC BUGGY, RC TRUGGY, RC MONSTER TRUCK

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Justinspeed79

Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff?   Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:29 pm

I was looking at this setup for my drifter. I have heard mixed reviews about their stuff, but I am looking to get something cheap just to get me going.

Anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11059&Product_Name=Brushless_Car_Power_System_5200Kv/100A
Back to top Go down
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

PostSubject: Re: Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff?   Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Get what you pay for!!!

TEKIN
TEKIN
TEKIN

Impaktrc.com has the Tekin R1Pro on sell right now for cheap
http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info.php?cPath=187&products_id=2376
Back to top Go down
Justinspeed79

PostSubject: Re: Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff?   Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:42 pm

-TC5racer- wrote:
Get what you pay for!!!

Yeah, I know, but I just can't afford the high-end stuff right now. No argument from me about the quality of Tekin though, I am a Tekin fan since the early 90's. Cool
Back to top Go down
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

PostSubject: Re: Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff?   Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:45 pm

I haven't tried that stuff myself but from what i have heard it doesn't hold up to well. But in a drift car it might not be to bad.
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

PostSubject: Re: Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff?   Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:45 pm

Yep Well Hobby King is a cheap way but get a velion system at the least so you have warranty at the shops
Back to top Go down
-TC5racer-

-TC5racer-

PostSubject: Re: Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff?   Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:46 pm

☆╚»↓THEANVIL↓«╝☆ wrote:
Yep Well Hobby King is a cheap way but get a velion system at the least so you have warranty at the shops

He means the Traxxas VXL-3 system
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

PostSubject: Re: Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff?   Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Yea Dont get the 1/8th scale version omg when you fry it it smeels like rotten eggs and butt hole your car smells like that.... lol
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

PostSubject: Re: Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff?   Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Yea thanks Mark
Back to top Go down
Germanese
Admin
Germanese

PostSubject: Re: Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff?   Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 2:50 am

Justinspeed79 wrote:
I was looking at this setup for my drifter. I have heard mixed reviews about their stuff, but I am looking to get something cheap just to get me going.

Anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11059&Product_Name=Brushless_Car_Power_System_5200Kv/100A

Unless you drifting on Type T or PVC they fry pretty easy.
The motors do fine as long as you gear it right.
The ESC on the other hand dont like the constant Draw and them peak draw to break loose.

As they stated about VXL systems are cheap and fairly easy to get a hold of.

U can get a R1 Pro or RS for for cheap used.

Speed Passion will serve you great also. And they just drop the prices.
Now, some Speed Passions have a HobbyWing Counter part, those are also great ESC.
Price differences between Speed Passion and HobbyWing is about 30-40 bucks,
Actual differences is support and firmware. Speed Passion Actually warranties their stuff, Hobby Wing does not.
And the latest Speed Passion Batches have their own controller now that doesnt allow you to criss cross Firmware.

Back to top Go down
http://formuladrc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff?   Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody try the HobbyKing EZ-run stuff?
Page 1 of 1