FORMULA D RC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERYTHING RC: RC TOURING CAR, SC TRUCKS, RC DRIFT, RC OVAL, RC DRAG, RC BUGGY, RC TRUGGY, RC MONSTER TRUCK

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Katy area bashers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
l27buick

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:34 pm

hey all, i just moved here from michigan a few months ago and im looking for people to drive or bash with. it gets old driving alone every time and it results in my trucks just sitting on the self all the time. is their any bmx tracks or open race tracks in the area that can be driven on?

also i have a brushless 2wd slash,emaxx (needs motors), evader(needs motor), a boat and i just got a mcx2 heli. my slash is my main truch cuz it never breaks and its the most fun to drive.
Back to top Go down
Germanese
Admin
Germanese

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:48 pm

2 race tracks
one is Mikes up in Humble of 59
(Huuge Onroad and Huuuge Offroad)

Other is M&M down by Bailaire
(Tiny Offroad and Tiny Offroad)

1 bash hang around track
The bash crew is at Randy's Hobby store 249 and Grant rd
(Portable track,it has been too hot)

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://formuladrc.com
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 am

Ok Andres let me do the talkin whos the TEST DUMMY,THE ULTIMATE BASHER how you think I got this name seating around eating Cheeto Puffs "THE ANVIL" or "THE RACER" from Wayne lol.

Ok Mikes does have a freakin big on road track they race the worlds on it.
Mikes Offroad track isnt that big its just Andres asian eyes dont want to open up and get A FULL VIEW of the track STOP SKINTING lol its out by Humble of 59

Other is M&M down by Bailaire
(Tiny Offroad and Tiny Offroad) Is the tinyst track ever I mean if you spit in the middle of the track it water the whole track lol.

Vertigo Raceway "what the asian left out" its the most biggest offroad track in Houston area well kinda its like heading to kema board walk 45min drive with David,20min Wayne lol,1hour and 30min with Asbar uhhh.

The River Race Track "what the asian left out agin" its a offroad track has the biggest jump in Houston your car will sore like 30 feet high in the air right by the river very nice place a little bit bigger than Mikes and little bit smaller than Vertigo.

Then Randy's Hobbys Sunday afternoon Bashing you will have the most fun here on Sundays we put out a wooden boards connect togther ill post vid and we design the tracks how we want its on ashphalt but ITS TO HOTTT RIGHT NOW lol. 249 and Grant rd

By the way l27buick dont say the slash is cant be broken thats offending me lol just kidding will break it at randys lol basher specialty lol.

Back to top Go down
l27buick

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:39 am

so which ones are free? that sunday bash sounds fun. didnt mean my slash is unbreakable but compared to my other trucks it kinda is. i dont mind paying for a day of practice its just im currently not working so money is tight. so hopefully when it gets cooler here ill be working so i can afford to get my other trucks back on the road.
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Distributor
Dominator

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:48 am

You guys are funny. I like Germanese's description of the tracks but I especially enjoy Wes "The Anvil" trying to describe things and mutilating the English language as always. Wes, what language are you attempting to speak? Hahaha.

l27buick, welcome to the hood. The guys are right, Mike's has a BIGASS 1/8 scale on road track and they just had the nitro touring car worlds there about 2 weeks ago. They also have a pretty decent sized, off road track that is covered so you get some shade. The dirt/clay they use, has pretty good traction, and it's a fun place. On non-race days/times, $5 and you can play all day on both tracks.

I've not yet had a chance to check out M&M or Vertigo yet but the Sunday bash at Randy's is pretty fun. I work there and am the one who sets up the track... with help from the guys here at FomrmulaDRC. It's free and there is nothing formal. It's a "run what you brung" type of thing. We have 1/10 touring cars, 1/18 on and off road cars, 1/10 SC trucks, monster trucks, 1/8 cars, etc. We have a bunch of boards and cones and setup whatever track layout we feel like and we even setup jumps on occasion. Because of the heat, we've not been setting it up lately, but as soon as it cools down we'll get started again.

-Dean
Back to top Go down
http://www.lonestarhobbies.com
l27buick

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:24 pm

cool i dont mind helping out to build the track at randy s, even if it is hot. when should it be getting cooler here cuz dang its hot here, being from Michigan we have heat too 90+ but not for months at a time. couldn't we drive in the evening during the heat? i watched some of the videos on youtube and it looks fun. cant wait to join and to drive my trucks, hope fully my battery's didn't die in the heat.
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:49 pm

Srry Dean I will use proper grammar for you. OK lol ok im not going to talk about onraod tracks beacuse there boring they take no skill to drive on them lol just kiding.

..Mikes Offroad.. is a clay track it is under a big steel roof. It is a decent size track not to not to small bigger jumps now and tighter landings off the jumps beacuse SMILEY thinks hes sponsered sooo he thinks he is a bad horsebehind .There is the most traction when dry. But when it gets wet it is the worstis night mare you can ever have to drive thats where the best racers come in first with throttle control lol NOT ME. Ps your car will be orange by the end of the day. Serisouly.

..Vertigo Raceway.. is a very soft sand based track. Right now this track is my favorite its the biggest track in the Houston area as we speak or typing lol. It has long straight ways,a couple step downs,doubles,triple,and single long jumps. And plus your car will not get dirty as bad as Mikes.

..The River Track.. I say this track is the most technicol track right now. The track based dirt is bassically same as Vertigo Raceway. It has bassically a motocross jump right in the middle your car will sore 30 ft in the air. It has everything step downs,tight turns, split sections for either or way to go lil short or long high jumps section,long straight way, big bank corner.

..Randy's Hobbys.. Local group of guys at a hobby shop. Every Sunday we set up with 2x4s link togther a track on the concrete with like 3 plastic skate board jumps and then we go from there on how we design it. Its from 12am-5pm. And it FREE.

..M&M Hobbys.. Its a little off road track its like red dirt but powderie barely any jumps at all burm in the back straight that you could fly over the fence lol. I DID IT BEFORE. Nothin really sastisfing about that place.

Back to top Go down
kstoracing

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Houston Tracks   Katy area bashers? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Being in Katy all the tracks will be a drive for you. Mike's or MnM may be the closest. MnM being the bash track. Built for 10th scale but, 8ths can run on it also. Way back in the day when they built it, there were only 10th scales. Hence the size is a 10th scale track. Reason not a lot of people run there, CS is hit or miss. Meir rubbed people the wrong way at times and people went else where.

Mike's clay track, ran dry. On the drive line you're good. When you get off the drive line, slippery. Covered Off-road On-road is built for both scales. Races at 6pm on Saturday.

Veritgo, Alvin closest track for me. Besides MnM. My official home track. Very large track, with talks of building a purpose 10th scale track in the near future. Also, if Andreas will anchor possible drift track on the opposite side. I brought it up to them and they would be willing to do so.

River track, furthest from you. Open on Friday and occasional Saturday, for the HARC races. One down there this weekend. Starts at 3. Loamy like Vertigo, and a very relaxed crazy atmosphere.

My rating the tracks, Would put Vertigo on top, then Mike's, River then MnM.

MnM is where I go to try and tune my motor. Nice and convenient.
Back to top Go down
l27buick

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:33 pm

i got my micro heli from m&m only cuz the other shops didnt have any in stock, i did noticed they were high priced. i saw their track, it is small. how much do they charge to practice? their site doesnt say.
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:40 pm

I think its like 5-10 bucks idk havent been there in 6-8 years lol. Last time I was there I woping up on this one dude that thought he was badass and had like 1k in his revo and I had a little savage with bow ties thats it lol.
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey Karl long time sense you spoken on here always on 2coolfishing.com haha me too. I go with your ratings too Vertigo,Mikes,River,M&M
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Hey Karl what do you look like lol I dont know Ive never hear anyone say your name in the pits or in the driver stand maybe wasnt there when I was.
Back to top Go down
kstoracing

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:23 am

Tall black guy. I run a Losi 8 and the Hyper 10SC.

MnM charges $5 but the first time out you have to pay a $10 yearly fee. So the first time is 15 after that just 5. Mikes is $5 and Vertigo is $10
Back to top Go down
THEANVIL

THEANVIL

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:23 am

Hmmmm do you wear like a safari type hat at the race at Vertigo or is that another guy he was black too. IDK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Katy area bashers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy area bashers?   Katy area bashers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Katy area bashers?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FORMULA D RC :: GENERAL SECTION :: Get Togethers-
Jump to: